6-1/2" 2-way weatherproof loudspeaker with built-in 70V transformer and 8 Ohm bypass
The NEAR® LB6T all-environment loudspeaker is elegantly designed, rugged to the extreme and a snap to install. The LB6T employs a NEAR exclusive “lever bracket” mount combined with a pre-terminated totally waterproof input connector. This mounting system minimizes installation effort and reduces “ladder time” to improve installation safety. The LB6T utilizes a 6-1/2-inch MDT/MLS woofer with a coincident-mounted 1-inch titanium inverted dome tweeter for perfectly life-like sound dispersed evenly over a wide area.
70Volt Control and Convenience
This "T" version of the LB6 features a built-in multi-tap 70V transformer (with 8-Ohm bypass option) for use with the NEAR 6XL or other 70V output-equipped amplifiers. 70V systems have a myriad of advantages including being able to run more speakers in parallel than would be possible with low impedance systems. It also allows you to "sound sculpt" an area by assigning different volume levels to each speaker in the system.
Like other NEAR® speakers, the LB6T is truly weather-proof, not just “weather-resistant” and can be used totally exposed to the elements. The LB6T enclosure is color-through, mica-loaded polypropylene that sheds moisture, dirt and chemicals. The UV inhibitor pigments are embedded uniformly throughout the material so the sun won’t fade or yellow the color and garden tools won’t easily mar their looks.
The LB6T is available in white and black and can be painted to match the surroundings. The color-matched grilles are oxidation-resistant heavy gauge powder coated stainless steel with rectangular perforations that inhibit water from clogging the holes and blocking high frequencies.
The bass port is protected from moisture, debris and critter ingress with a special hydrophobic fabric.
- Driver Complement: (1) 6-1/2” Metal Alloy Diaphragm Woofer, MLS Voice Coil Guidance, UV and Chemical Resistant Rubber Surround; (1) 1.1” Metal Alloy Diaphragm Tweeter, Ferrofluid Damping, UV and Chemical Resistant Rubber Surround, Corrosion-Resistant Magnet Assembly
- Frequency Response – 48Hz to 19kHz, +/-2.5dB
- Sensitivity (1W/1M) - 88dB @ 8 Ohms
- Dispersion - Minimum 120 Degrees, Horizontal & Vertical
- Power Requirements - 70 Volts - select 64, 32, 16, 8 or 4 Watts output. 8-Ohm bypass up to 150 Watts (Ave); 600 Watts (Peak)
- Dimensions – 8.58”W x 15.75”H x 8.9”D; 21.8cm W x 40cm H x 22.6cm D
- Product Weight (with mounting yoke and clamp) 12lbs/5.44kgs
- Maximum SPL @1M (1/2 space) 110 dB
- Input Terminations – Waterproof Plug-in Connector Included (IP68 Rating)
- Environmental – Designed to Meet or Exceed Mil-Std-810 (Humidity, Salt Air, Heat, Cold, Immersion); IEC IP 556