5-1/4" 2-way weatherproof loudspeaker - 8 Ohms
The NEAR® LB5 all-environment loudspeaker is elegantly designed, rugged to the extreme and a snap to install. The LB5 employs a NEAR exclusive “lever bracket” mount combined with a pre-terminated totally waterproof input connector. This mounting system minimizes installation effort and reduces “ladder time” to improve installation safety. The LB55 utilizes a 5-1/4-inch MDT/MLS woofer with a 1-inch titanium inverted dome tweeter for perfectly life-like sound dispersed evenly over a wide area.
Like other NEAR® speakers, the LB5 is truly weather-proof, not just “weather-resistant” and can be used totally exposed to the elements. The LB5 enclosure is color-through, mica-loaded polypropylene that sheds moisture, dirt and chemicals. The UV inhibitor pigments are embedded uniformly throughout the material so the sun won’t fade or yellow the color and garden tools won’t easily mar their looks.
The LB5 is available in white and black and can be painted to match the surroundings. The color-matched grilles are oxidation-resistant heavy gauge powder coated aluminum with rectangular perforations that inhibit water from clogging the holes and blocking high frequencies. The bass port is protected from moisture, debris and critter ingress with a special hydrophobic fabric.
All LB series models are backed by an exceptional 12 year warranty.
Best of all is the sound quality. The LB5's wide dispersion design and high tech components ensure that everyone on the deck or patio hears well-balanced, lifelike sound at every volume level without fatigue.
The LB5 utilizes an MDT metal alloy diaphragm woofer with a 1-inch titanium inverted dome tweeter along with the Magnetic Liquid Suspension (MLS) technology patented by New England Audio Resource in 1993. These are the same materials and technologies employed throughout the LB Series to ensure timbre consistency and system design flexibility.
- Driver Complement: (1) 5-1/4” Metal Alloy Diaphragm Woofer, MLS Voice Coil Guidance, UV and Chemical Resistant Rubber Surround; (1) 1.1” Metal Alloy Diaphragm Tweeter, Ferrofluid Damping, UV and Chemical Resistant Rubber Surround, Corrosion-Resistant Magnet Assembly
- Frequency Response – 55Hz to 19kHz, +/-2.5dB
- Sensitivity (1W/1M) - 87dB
- Dispersion - Minimum 120 Degrees, Horizontal & Vertical
- Power Requirements - up to 75 Watts (Ave); 300 Watts (Peak)
- Dimensions – 7.125”W x 13.875” H x 7.75”D; 18.1cm W x 35.2cm H x 19.7cm D
- Product Weight (with mounting yoke and clamp) 7lb. / 3.18kg
- Maximum SPL @1M (1/2 space) 106dB
- Input Terminations – Waterproof Plug-in Connector Included (IP68 Rating)
- Environmental – Designed to Meet or Exceed Mil-Std-810 (Humidity, Salt Air, Heat, Cold, Immersion); IEC IP 56